We are the creators of Checkmk, a leading open source monitoring software. We are a strong team of software developers, technicians, open source enthusiasts and nerds who are passionate about helping small and large companies run their complex IT infrastructures reliably. We are growing quickly both in our German home market and internationally.
As we want to secure our product and code, we are looking for a
Software Developer Security (m/f/d) / DevSecOps (m/f/d)
As a Software Developer Security (m/f/d) / DevSecOps (m/f/d) you support the team within all security aspects for the checkmk development, which you will also develop. You are key to build our security operations functions and are responsible for a secure product and tools development.
- Security: You support the team for IT-Security for our enterprise and community products
- You take responsibility for the implementation of automation solutions within the development environment (configuration management and CI/CD Pipeline) improvements and optimization.
- Development: You will be a part of the development team and help the team to continue with checkmk. You will develop new features for our enterprise solution as well as work in special projects together with colleagues and clients.
- Testing: you will put the safety on test with manual and automatic tests as well as with pen-testing.
- Operation: Support and manage internal security operations functions, including security awareness, vulnerability management, and incident response.
- Consulting: You will be in touch with colleagues, partners and clients to talk about IT-security-related topics and help us and them to make the product and environment more secure.
- Documentation: You set the standard with your documentation and take care of improving process.
- You want and you can do more? Don’t worry, there are lots of other exciting tasks!
- You have completed an IT-oriented apprenticeship, e.g. as an IT specialist (m/f/d) or a university degree, e.g. in the field of computer science or business informatics
- You have at least 2 years practical experience in the areas of IT security (including application security) or DevSecOps
- You have experience with pen testing
- You have experience in software development with Python
- You have experience with agile methods, such as Scrum or Kanban
- You have experience in automation with GIT and Jenkins as well as handling the following tools: Web server apache2, nginx, PHP, Debian, Ubuntu.
- Familiarity with basic security concepts (e.g. code analysis, binary formats, encryption)
- Familiarity with security analysis tools is a bonus (e.g. IDA, gdb)
- You are always informed about current dangers and topics in the area of IT security and know current best practices
- Knowledge in IT infrastructure and application monitoring with open source or commercial software products is a big plus
- Applicable Certifications i.e. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and/or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) are welcome
We are a dynamic, fast growing and easy-going company where positive collaboration is very important. We are more than just colleagues; we have a strong team and a great customer community. For us, high autonomy and flat hierarchies are not just words on paper, but everyday life. With us you don’t work as one of hundreds or on purely theoretical questions but have an immediate positive influence.
With our product, we make the lives of thousands of administrators easier and help them in coping with the increasing complexity of IT. Our customers love our product and your work helps to keep it that way!
- Work in an agile team
- Flexible and family-friendly working conditions in a stable environment
- A wide range of opportunities for personal development
- A great office in the heart of Munich
- An attractive salary
Interested? Then contact us now!
You can get insights about working@tribe29 at: www.kununu.com/de/tribe29 !