IT is the backbone of the modern world. It enables the day-to-day business of us all, the secure operation of our telecommunication and power grids and the functioning of our governmental institutions.
IT has become extremely complex at the same time. Thus, specialists ensure that critical IT infrastructures and applications can be operated without problems in these challenging environments. Our mission with Checkmk is to develop the best tools to support these specialists to ensure they can fulfill their crucial tasks.
As one of the leading providers of IT monitoring solutions, our software Checkmk monitors millions of hardware devices and applications, from small IoT devices to large and distributed data centers. Over 2,000 paying customers use the Checkmk Enterprise Edition on a daily basis, and our Open Source version has tens of thousands of users worldwide. By working closely with this community, we ensure that our product really helps our customers.
While we have a great product, we have not focused on sharing it with the rest of the world outside our community – until now. Join our growing company and help us to spread the word as a
Senior Technical Writer (m/f/d)
- Design and write an engaging user manual for Checkmk users.
- Write from the perspective of an IT administrator or developer.
- Document new features, keep the existing material up-to-date, write about potential pitfalls, and take in best practices.
- Develop concepts for video tutorials
- Interview internal product experts to gather relevant information.
- Work closely with development, product management, training, consulting and support.
- Provide proofreading for other writers’ material and for other forms of written material.
- You have 5+ years’ experience in writing as a journalist or technical editor in the IT industry.
- You have excellent writing skills and are able to explain and translate complex technical information to consumers, either in German or English
- You are detail-oriented and can write comprehensive instructions for users to follow.
- You have technical skills, with a background in computing or engineering. Ideally, you are familiar with:
- Linux, but also Windows
- Servers, Networks and Databases
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS, MS Azure, GCP
- IT Monitoring
- You have great communication skills and like to work in a team with other writers, editors, and illustrators/designers.
What we offer
- We develop a useful product that our customers really like.
- Our software uses cutting-edge technology.
- You can be a part of a fast-growing, yet small company with a young team.
- There is a wide range of opportunities for education and training.
- High autonomy and flat hierarchies – your work is very visible.
- We offer flexible and family-friendly working conditions in a stable environment.
- Our office is located in one of the most beautiful, central districts of Munich.
Interested? Then apply now! Send us your CV via email.
Mr. Martin Hirschvogel